a poem or two

"The Messiah"

Stricken, smitten, afflicted and wounded,
Was this humble man.
The Prince of Peace, the Savior,
The marvelous great, "I AM".

Surely he hath borne our sorrows,
And carried us along the way.
But who was this man, this being,
Who took our sins away?

Some may say a Prophet,
John the Baptist, Jeremiah,
"But whom say ye?" he humbly asked,
I think he is the Messiah.

Led like a lamb to the awaiting slaughter,
He atoned for the sins of us all.
He was wounded for our transgressions,
That we may overcome the Fall.

Bruised for our iniquities,
Dispised and rejected of men,
Jesus of Nazereth, Jehova of old,
Made it possible to  live again.

All we, like sheep have gone astray,
We've wandered from the path.
Jesus the Christ, the Son of God,
Desires to have us back.

All we must do is follow him,
And partake of his loving grace.
We then one day will greet him,
And be wrapped in his warm embrace.


-Elder Josh Spencer
Ok, and I wrote this one last night:
I dont have a title yet....
Would I have recognized his voice
as he called me from the sea?
His piercing declaration:
"Drop the nets and follow me".
Would I have recognized his voice
as he took me by the hand
healed my feeble, broken knees,
and invited me to stand?

Would I have recognized his voice
As he taught us on the hill,
"Blessed be the ones who hunger,
for they shall all be filled".
Will I recognize his voice
when he comes again one day?
Will I look him directly in the eyes,
and confidently say:
Lord, I've recognized your voice,
I've done what you've
told me to do,
I've tried my absolute very best,
To change and become like you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SEE YA ON FRIDAY !!!!!

only 3 more of these!!!!

Ready to give it his all the final full week of the mission