EGrüss Euch! Ich hoffe daß alles gut geht mit euch!?!?! Es ist so wunderbar hier in Österreich zu sein!

I thought about doing the whole email in German but you probably wouldnt really appreciate that! I feel like my german is coming along really well. I am so much more confident when I speak and I think people understand me ok!

To start off, THANKS SOOOO MUCH FOR THE JOURNALS!!!!!! They are perfect! I hope they werent too expensive?! You can take the money out of my account if you want!

Weekly highlights! Probably number one is chatting with RY right now! haha its like Im texting him! haha good think it isnt against the rules!

SO this week. We did a lof of work with the members. We have set a mission goal that every companionship will have a baptism this transfer. We only have 4 more weeks to get that done so taking someone off the street will be pretty hard. But I do know that if we take some who knows a member, they will be way more likely to join the church. We just need to help the members want to do missionary work. Thats the key!

We met with Mario again this week! He is so stinking coool! He has read through 1st Nephi 14 as well as 3rd Nephi 11-14. He has such good questions and good interest. The other day I went on an exchange with a brand new missionary from Graz. He had been out for 4 days and I we had a lesson with mario! We shared John 3:16 about how Christ came into the world so save the world not to condem the world. Then Mario pulled a scripture from 3Ne 9 or 9 where it talks about how when Christ visited America he destroyed all of the wicked cities. He said that it didnt quite match up! I didnt really know what to tell him! I have been studying it for the past couple days to get an answer. I think that Christs mortal ministry was to save the world, but after his resurrection he had a different purpose. Not sure if that will answer his question or not! haha hope so!

What else...we did service out at the Ollendorf's house. They have a really big hill in their back yard and it had about three foot long grass on it! We cut it down using a SICKLE! hah pretty old school id say. the field is white!!!! my back hurt so bad afterwards!hah like father like son! The grand kids from the Ollendorfs are inactive and so we invited them to play mini golf today! it should be really fun! Janic is 19 and is such a boss and he has a nonmember friend who is coming with!

So cool experience from last week. We went to a eating appointment with a lady from the ward and her husband is a nonmember. I was in charge of the spiritual thought and I fealt really strongly about a particular scripture to share. It was 1st Ne 17:13. I shared my testimony that when we follow the commandments of God, the Lord will be there as our light. I have already seen that on my mission. That the Lord has his hand in this work and he leads his missionaries where they need to go.

So yeah, I had a good week this last week. Nothin to crazy happend unfortuanatly! I really need to have more adventures to make these emails cooler! Im super excited for next week though! We get to go to Wien again for Zone Training. Then I am going on exchanges with on of the Zone Leaders! I will try and learn the most that I can from him!

Oh one thing I just thought of, mom, you said in your email that the focus of seminary will be explain, share, testify. Ill do some checking but in Preach My Gospel there is a really good section on how to use the scriptures while teaching and Im pretty sure the principles are the same. Maybe that can help!

I am really starting to get the hang of this missionary work thing! Its about time right?!!? I love reading in the scriptures, but more importantly, STUDYING the scriptures. I am known in our district as the Study missionary. I love my study and I share what I learn any chance that I have. It is so incredible to see that when I study something in the morning, there is always an opportunity to share that throughout the day. I know that the Holy Ghost guides my studies so I can help the people that I speak with!
 Elder Spencer and Antonios

Storming in Leoben

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEE YA ON FRIDAY !!!!!

only 3 more of these!!!!