An experience here and there...

Now, here is where the cool part comes in. Every morning in my Personal study I search for a verse to share with people on the street that means something to me. Something personal. Well, this morning I picked out Mosiah 16:8-9. It talks about the ressurection and stuff. I felt really strong about this verse, and I wanted to share it with someone. So I marked it in a new copy of the Book of Mormon and carried it with me all day.

So back to the story. Elder Oviatt gave this man, David, his copy of the book. It wasnt marked and I was a little disappointed about that. I had prepared this special copy to give out and it was almost time to go home. But, we kept on going to catch our train! No one was interested on the way to the train station....lame.

So we were sitting on the train almost home when the train lady came to check our tickets. We were at the back of the train so we were the last ones to be checked. After we gave her our tickets she asked us what we do!!!!!!! PERFECT!!! We told her that we are missionaries and we share a message of the Restoration! She seemed interested! We kept talking and it just so happened that she finished her shift and was getting out at our stop!

We were able to talk to her for 20 more minutes about what we do. As we got to know her a little bit more she shared with us that her Mom had passed away two weeks previous......She was obviously emotional about this, as anyone would be. I then had the opportunity to share with her the scripture that I had marked earlier that morning!!!

 8 But there is a aresurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of bdeath is swallowed up in Christ.
 9 He is the alight and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death
What a special moment that was! It was an answer to her questions and an answer to my prayers. I still had that particular copy of the Book of Mormon that SHE needed! Unfortunately she is not from Ellwangen. She is from Ulm. But we got her number and sent it to the Ulm elders. i know them really well, and they will do a great job! I have tons of hope for this girl! She will for sure be baptised!

So yeah, that was a really cool exerience. hmmmm what else.
in honor of his canadian companion Elder Oviatt!

emailing home on Mondays

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEE YA ON FRIDAY !!!!!

only 3 more of these!!!!

Ready to give it his all the final full week of the mission